50 in 30

once a day to day rundown of my participation in the National Novel Writing Month challenge, this Blog will now document my fiction writing in general

Monday, November 15, 2004

Days 12, 13, 14, 15


The hardest part about writing without much plot is moving forward when you have no idea what to write. It sounds silly, but what works best for me is to just let the characters take control. Have them talk and interact with each other. The opening chapter aside, a majority of what I've written has resulted from doing just that. I'm coming up on my next plotted section and happy that I've been able to put off getting there unitl now.

I'm still way off pace, but I feel myself reaching that point where the thing is really going to start writing itself.

Total word count: 8,475

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home